Today however has been long and it is only 3pm. Zach and I had a battle of the wills today at church. He through one almight temper tantrum which was challenging for me. Knowing what to do, when to do it, how to set and secure boundaries for him and not letting him get his own way by yelling. I hope the congregation were able to hear over the noise. Jona was very encouraging, this is what is required of us in being parents. It's not always confortable and definately not easy but this is how I need to give myself for the sake of my children. God doesn't give up on me and I won't give upon my kids...I know I can only be the parent that Zach and Annabelle need by God's grace and mercy. I don't know the way, I often don't have the answers but I know God does and I can trust Him to provide in my weakness.When we got home and walked in the door, Zach turned around and reached up to give me a hug. Although he couldn't express himself in words I believe he was saying sorry. He is a precious boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment