Wednesday, February 1, 2012

1st February 2012

It's 10:30pm. We're watching the 20/20 and Jona just informed me that 'my man Hoggy' just took a wicket. I've just returned from the kitchen. I had intended to just ice my fruit slice but became waylaid when I spyed a dirty cockroach lurking on the bench. Those dishes I was to leave until morning needed to be washed.
I'm enjoying this quiet summer night. As I hung the washing out I stopped to think about where I was. In our backyard, listening to the crickets and the birds, they were the only sound I could hear. Even now late in the evening the only noise wafting through our windows are the little crickets. I love being in the country!
The day has been full. Two children asleep in their beds, the cupboards replenished, the washing attended and a loving husband by my side.
Praise God!

1 comment:

Charis said...

Loving spending that perfect moment with you...always great to reflect on how blessed we are! No standing outside and listening for us tonight...it could hit -11oC..brrr cold! Miss you girl. Enjoy the country life :)