Monday, July 23, 2012

Birthday Boy




Happy Birthday Zach - it's nearly a month on but it was a wonderful day to celebrate.  You bring so much love, joy and laughter to our lives.  You're growing so fast and talking so much.  I missed your reference to 'black strawberries' today as you decided it was time to call them blueberries.  We love you call outs of 'Come on' when your nappy is 'bad' or 'Shot' when you've cream a ball down the hallway.  I especially love that it shows how much you listen to your dad!
You are learning obedience and I am learning persistance.  You have sertainly shown me that you are more secure and settled when the boundaries are firm.
You make us laugh with spaghetti hanging out of your mouth during dinner, your funny little voices and the way you chase us around the house with you car track teasing 'tickle tickle'.  You love your bedtime stories, one is never enough.  At the moment you love 'Barry', 'Kangaroo' and 'Goose' and since your birthday 'Wheels on the bus' is creeping in.  But a special mention goes to Nanna who bought two books that were my favourites when I was a kid...Green eggs and Ham and I wish I had duck feet.  I'm amazed that you sit still and attentive as I make my way slowly through them, I'm not so sure that I still love Green eggs and ham, the story is so long Sam-I-am!



You are also enjoying cooking...well you love cracking 'eggies', mixing, tipping but you LOVE licking, icing and bickie batter are favourites.  This week it's been blueberry pikelets and choc chip cookies.  I hope your enjoyment continues!

No comments: