Friday, July 13, 2012

As the days go by

In some ways each day is the same as the last.  The dishes are washed and put away, so how come my sink is not empty?  The carpet is vacuumed and yet covered in crumbs.  The floor was just mopped and has some lovely spew smears.  The washing is done and the dirty clothes basket is full.  I guess this is a little of what Ecclesiates talks about.  Yet, even with futility there is joy in each day with each hug, smile, laugh and glance.  Watching little ones grow and develop is a privilege.

Our little Zach man has recently turned two.  This year he got excited about 'presents' and his fire engine birthday cake.  He is able to communicate so much with words that even now I can't imagine what it would be like to care for him without it.  He's aware when he's alone or when we're away.  The quiet calls to check where Mummy and Daddy are or where Annabelle is need to be settled before he can sleep.  He loves to play, read and explore.  Cubbies are the greatest fun but only when Annabelle is sitting in there with him.  He shows care, and frustration, towards his sister.  Nothing warms my heart more than when he gently cuddles her or gives her a car or insists she plays trains with him. It will be lovely when she can actually join in!  Jona is very proud of Zach's hand eye co-ordination, it's probably better than mine!  Overs of cricket are regularly played down the hall with cries of 'Shot!' from dad and son.  My little man I want to know you more and I pray that God will help Dad and me to guide and train you to be all He created you to be.

Our little Annabelle is full of smiles and joy - so long as not left alone for too long!  She interacts with all around her.  Her eyes look intently at those she is near until they've engaged with her and she's shared a smile.  An keen observer of what is going on, I'd love to be able to read her mind.  You still don't like dummies but at least your crying is subsiding.  I'm so ever thankful that you can now sit up and that your reflux is almost gone.  I hope and pray little one that you will be secure in your identity, who you were created to be; that you need not strive for acceptance for you know that you and in His beloved accepted and found.
My ever loving and patient husband, you are a valiant man.  You bless me every day and I thank God that he has given you to be the head of our house.  Your faithfulness and diligence are a blessing to all around you.  Thank you for standing in all who you've been called to be.

No comments: