Wednesday, February 6, 2013

January 2013

It's hard to belive that we are already 1 month into this year and it's been 6 months since I posted anything. Anyway, this is just to try and capture a little of our last month.

If I start from Christmas we were very excited to celebrate our 1st Christmas in our new house.  We had Tim, Tarsh, Flynn and Ava stay the night which meant that Christmas morning was full of delighted children running through the house! Jona and Tim put in a mammoth effort to erect the trampoline.  Unfortunately for them, not watching a 6 minute DVD resulted in the mat being attached and removed  4 times before the job was done.

Around New Year we welcomed the Worth family into our home.  Susie and Annabelle have a few personality traits in common which was comforting although a little loud at times.  Zach loved having another friend in the house and it was delightful to see them playing together.

We endured our typical heat - only 5 days in a row above 40 degrees.  Since then, Wang has pretty much stayed above 30 and despite being pregnant, I'm enjoying the heat.

Jona and I headed to the Youth Convocation in Brisbane which meant five days away from the kids.  I knew they would be fine but I just missed their hugs.  Unfortunatlely Granny and Grandad were struck down with the violent gastro bug as we went to drop them off so we were very thankful for the willingness of Rod and Grandma Felicity to fill in the gap.  There were tears when we returned (Mummy and Zach) and smiles and hugs (Annabelle and Dad).

We were blessed with a quick visit from Rich, Jode, Jude and Pippa.  Zach and Jude are the best of friends and it always makes me smile to see them playing together.  They have their own typical two year old issues but their is always a glint in their eyes.

A week later we packed up the kids and headed to the Teen Camp.  It was a great time with all who were there.  Zach and Jude's friendship was made clear to all on the Sunday when while Rick was giving announcements Jude came racing down the front and yelled 'Zach'.  Zach quickly responded and before we knew what was happening the two boys had run to the middle and all that could be heard was 'Do you want to go to the park?'  I'm grateful that at two years of age only the front two rows could see.

We've now been home for a couple of weeks and Zach has started swimming lessons.  The crying is slowly subsiding and I think he's enjoying it more.  I think I'll enjoy it a little more when I don't have to go in with him.  I'm not a fan of being seen in my bathers at the best of times let alone when I'm 5 months pregnant.

No comments: