I can't believe you turned 1 two months ago. The first year of your life has flown by and with number three on the way no doubt your second year will go quickly. A few things to remember and a few more to forget.
At eight months of age, I was getting worried. You wouldn't pur anything in your mouth. No toys or food, not even your hands. The MCH said to give you a month, I didn't realise how thankful I should've been that it took you so long, you've made up for lost time. Bugs, balls, stones, sand, dirt...there really isn't anything beyond your interest. Your dad and I are most concerned with your fascination with the toilet brush and the fat tray from the bbq.
On the subject of toilets I think it must be your favourite play spot and since Zach has been toilet trained you've regularly taken advantage of an open door. I've found the toilet brush, dolls hats, toilet rolls and even the rubbish bin. But why, of why darling must you persist in putting my hair brushes in? I look forward to this fascination ceasing
Back to the timeline, back in August we went to Brisbane for the IBS. You could barely pull yourself up on your hands and I'd never seen you up on your knees. Yet when you met little Hannah who's the same age as you studied her crawling form and in a week you were off. You have incredible crawling speed, particularly when trying to jail break from the mat during church. You've been quite ingenious when it comes to getting around. You've regularly used the little chairs to climb up to higher levels. You copped a shiner from falling off the coffee table and I'd hate to think what would've happened if I didn't find you when I did crawling behind the TV on the cabinet! You've already had more bruises that Zach but you seem to take it in your stride, nothing will hold you back from the next adventure.
You've been babbling away for a long time now with a definate mamma and dada. We're looking forward to understanding you more and to when you can measure your squeals - I'm sure you could break glass!
Two weeks after you turned one you took your first steps and there's been no holding you back. You are yet to venture to the front yard but I think this has more to do with a stoney driveway and no shoes than your sensibilities. We know the gate is going to have to be shut to keep you safe.
You love wearing hats, particularly Daddies and there are times when one in not enough. You also love draping things around your neck, pillaging handbags, stealing pens and running away when you're caught out. That cheeky look in your eye is adorable but makes me realised we have a lot of work ahead!
We love you our little one. You are full of joy and we can't wait to see the full shape of your personality. You are a menace and a delight, if only you had a curl in the middle of your forehead
No comments:
Post a Comment