Thursday, July 15, 2010

2 Weeks Old



Zach's 2 week milestone was welcomed with a wet day and a sticky eye. It was heart breaking to wake him up only to see a swollen eye with yellowy gunk. This brought about our first trip to the doctor and his first antibiotics. It also led me to Medicare to begin the form filling marathon that accompanies a first born child. Three hours later, I think I have all the paper work done and now need only to go to Centrelink to finalise the process. Zach has been blessing us with sleep, usually starting the night with a 4 to 5 hour stint followed by a 3 hour break. It certainly means I'm getting some sleep and not feeling too fatigued. Apart from sleeping well, Zach is also excelling at using mum for target practice. I will remember to cover him up when changing his nappy so I don't get 'showered' but I'm yet to know how to predict a spray from behind. Sunday morning I was caught unaware and as I was cleaning his bottom he decided to unleash and cover me in poo! He felt better and I was glad that I had not yet dressed for church.
We had Zach's 2 week check up today. His weight is up to 4kg, 500g more than birth, he's grown 3cm, up to 55cm and his noggin is 1.5cm greater in circumference.

1 comment:

About me ... said...

Hey Zach-a-bubble, what a little star! And you certainly know how to work the camera. Love the 'smiling' pix. Keep up the good sleeping work - your mom needs the rest. Can't believe that two weeks has zoomed past already. Before we know it you'll be starting school! Just joking. Love and sloppy kisses from Aunty Izzy, Pappa and Gogo xx