Sunday, June 6, 2010

38 Weeks - nearly there


38 weeks gone and around 2 to go. It's amazing how fast time has flown. Baby has finally decided to head south so now it is just a matter of waiting to see when they will descend and make their entrance into the world. Every time I feel the baby move amazes me. There is a special person inside, someone who God has created and given Jona and me the privilege to raise. I can't wait to meet them and find out who they are!

Our nursery of sorts is set up and we get our final piece of furniture this week. Bev and Laurie have bery kindly offered us a lend of their bassinet. Many precious ones have have slept in this crib before ours and it is lovely to share in a piece of history.

In terms of labour, I think we are getting there. I've read Birth skills and at the moment Jona and I are going through it together. I feel very prepared for stage one and for the pushing but I'm not so keen on the crowning. I'm guessing when I get there I won't be thinking all that much.

Jona and I went to an antenatal class a few weeks ago and Jona was very relieved that we had managed to miss the video of child birth. We learnt about possible variations of child birth, what 24hours in the life of a mother and 7 day old child looks like, how to bath and some tips on breast feeding. Jona was quite interested in the 'football' hold and will no doubt suggest I give it a try.

Sometime in the next few weeks the latest Wills will make their appearance and I think there will be more than one special post in their honour.

No comments: