Zach celebrated his 5 week milestone with a trip to hospital. The poor little lad! He came down with a cold on the weekend which developed a wheeze on Tuesday morning. Jona and I decided to get him checked out. By the time we got to the GP he was quiet again and we we're wondering if we were just being a little over reactive. The GP had a listen to his lungs and then calmly assured us that we had done the right thing but we needed to take him to the hospital. My gut sank and I burst into tears. I have never experienced such a rapid emotional response before. An hour later, I was relaxed and the hospital confirmed the GP's diagnosis, Zach has viral bronchilitis. They explained that due to his tender age of 5 weeks he would be needed to be admitted for observation to see if his air ways were coping with the infection and to ensure he was getting enough oxygen into his lungs. Zach was a trooper and over night his oxygen levels never dropped below 95%. This meant we could go home in the morning. He'll have his wheeze for a couple of weeks yet but we're hoping the cold and mucus will subside in the next few days.
In news from Melbourne, Ava (pictured below) is still in hospital but slowly learning to feed and Tarsh is making regular trips to and from the hospital. We're all looking forward to when the Melbourne Wills' are all at home together.


No comments:
Post a Comment